Slice of Life

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indie Company

+3
Usui
holeymoley
Jakeandhistoe
7 posters

Main Character Discussion.

RandomGuard
    RandomGuard

Main Character Discussion.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Character Discussion.

Post  RandomGuard Sun May 27, 2012 6:05 am

SunnyDay wrote:From the sounds of it, our MC has moved from another country. We need to decide which country
    I'd recommend staying somewhere we're familiar with, a country we know with customs we know and names we know.
    Usui
    Usui

Post  Usui Sun May 27, 2012 6:06 am

SunnyDay wrote:
    SunnyDay wrote:Alright. I'm going to give him a name. But we need to discuss it soon, because now, I'm going to practice the coding.

And by that, I mean a little project that most likely won't have anything to do with out VN as of yet.

By the way. From the sounds of it, our MC has moved from another country. We need to decide which country, and a name from that location.

E.G. If he's American or British, he most likely needs an English name, like John or Steve.
    Fine hes french and his name is Cedric.
    Kanade
    Kanade
    Admin

Post  Kanade Sun May 27, 2012 7:54 am

Considering he moved away because he got attacked by a gang which later appears again in the VN i'd figure hes just Japanese but moved to a different town.

So if he is Japanese i got another name to consider. Takuma which mean "expand, open" representing how he need to open and expand in friendship.
    SunnyDay
    SunnyDay
    Admin

Post  SunnyDay Sun May 27, 2012 9:22 am

Tweetyftw wrote:Considering he moved away because he got attacked by a gang which later appears again in the VN i'd figure hes just Japanese but moved to a different town.

So if he is Japanese i got another name to consider. Takuma which mean "expand, open" representing how he need to open and expand in friendship.

That would make more sense. Japanese name would be suitable for that.
    Usui
    Usui

Post  Usui Sun May 27, 2012 9:24 am

Japanese name...
    Taro
    Also Every time I see that I'll think takumi in my head
    holeymoley
    holeymoley

Post  holeymoley Sun May 27, 2012 9:40 am

i think we need to go with a gangster name like Ken Yamazaki
    Kevinobody
    Kevinobody

Post  Kevinobody Sun May 27, 2012 2:09 pm

SunnyDay wrote:So to summarize what you guys have spoken about:

The MC is a doesn't-take-shit-from-no-one kind of character. I'm guessing the gang at his old school are constantly beating him up for fun, but he does try to stand up for himself.

One day he did something to piss off the gang and to get him back, they poured acid down his back during a science/chemistry lesson and it left him severely scarred, and he's very self conscious about the scarring down his back. And not long after this event, he moved school/city/country.

Am I on the right track here?

Actually what this is what i had in mind about the MC. MC is a trouble maker or a delinquent Ditches classes and like to fight. Even though he doesn't take crap from anybody, he cant stand others being picked on. So one day he see's a kid being picked on by a typical school puck bullies. MC being the hero delinquent, beats the crap outta them, telling them to screw off.

Turns out the bullies are part of a street gang. Them being the little pussies, they go and tell their leader. Leader gets pissed and orders them to kidnap the MC. MC gets caught but not without a fight, after a long fight. The gang manages to overcome the MC an win. Therefore they torture him, beat him and burn him. MC manages to survive but is forced to relocate under the witness protection thingy. There he moves to a new town or city and lives with distant relatives or friends. Life starts a new.
    holeymoley
    holeymoley

Post  holeymoley Mon May 28, 2012 8:42 am

Kevinobody wrote:
    Actually what this is what i had in mind about the MC. MC is a trouble maker or a delinquent Ditches classes and like to fight. Even though he doesn't take crap from anybody, he cant stand others being picked on. So one day he see's a kid being picked on by a typical school puck bullies. MC being the hero delinquent, beats the crap outta them, telling them to screw off.

Turns out the bullies are part of a street gang. Them being the little pussies, they go and tell their leader. Leader gets pissed and orders them to kidnap the MC. MC gets caught but not without a fight, after a long fight. The gang manages to overcome the MC an win. Therefore they torture him, beat him and burn him. MC manages to survive but is forced to relocate under the witness protection thingy. There he moves to a new town or city and lives with distant relatives or friends. Life starts a new.

I like it but i think we can tweak it, leal beats up bradd after bradd nails the MC, MC then goes around meeting the girls and stuff, flirting with them and shit. After that the gang from MC's original school arrives and me, leal and mc fight them alongside some of the girls, after the fight there is a band (boysXkiss - made up of me and leal) to play out act 1 apart from if you go down Big Tits route (thank leal for the great name) and she doesnt show to the fight and you get shot and die.
    SunnyDay
    SunnyDay
    Admin

Post  SunnyDay Mon May 28, 2012 9:43 am

holeymoley wrote:
    Kevinobody wrote:

I like it but i think we can tweak it, leal beats up bradd after bradd nails the MC, MC then goes around meeting the girls and stuff, flirting with them and shit. After that the gang from MC's original school arrives and me, leal and mc fight them alongside some of the girls, after the fight there is a band (boysXkiss - made up of me and leal) to play out act 1 apart from if you go down Big Tits route (thank leal for the great name) and she doesnt show to the fight and you get shot and die.

Makes a good rough version for the main plot, I think.
    Jakeandhistoe
    Jakeandhistoe

Post  Jakeandhistoe Mon May 28, 2012 9:50 am

I just want to make sure Holey, but will that all be going down in the first act, and afterwards, you'll be going down one of the females route straight after?
    holeymoley
    holeymoley

Post  holeymoley Mon May 28, 2012 8:20 pm

Jakeandhistoe wrote:I just want to make sure Holey, but will that all be going down in the first act, and afterwards, you'll be going down one of the females route straight after?

Yeah, after the party you could maybe go on a walk with them.... in the dark....
    where no-one can see.... hehehe

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:45 am