Slice of Life

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indie Company

+6
Usui
Tylosaurus
Jakeandhistoe
holeymoley
SunnyDay
Kanade
10 posters

Character concept

Kanade
    Kanade
    Admin

Character concept Empty Character concept

Post  Kanade Fri May 25, 2012 11:48 pm

This thread will be about the different character we'll be adding in our visual novel. Basicly discuss what kind of character you'd like to represent or see.

I will be updating this list with when new idea's are presented.

Main cast

Tweetyftw's character.

Name: Kuriko

appearance: Brown hair like this, apathetic neutral face similiar to ayanami and nagato, semi tall, pale skin.

Personalities: Philosophical thinker, very cynical and arrogant, doesn't pay attention alot, helps people out with emotional problems through rational thinking.

Type: is Kuudere but slowly goes to yandere later on.

Description: Kuriko is a unique, apathetic and intelligent girl who spends most of the time in books learning about philosophy and the human mind, she's overall a very cynical person who puts science over emotions and has very dark humor. She meets up with the MC in the library when she's helping someone who has personal problems. The MC is interested in the way she helps others by using her own kind of psychology although its rather hard to gain her heart as she is not interested in love.

Backstory: Not made yet

tylosaurus's character

Name: Ashley

Appearance: Black hair like Yuuki Kei's, small feminine body, outside school wear goth lolita outfit

Personalities: Shy, kind, self-conscious, cute, funny

description: Ashley is a male pretending to be a female cosplaying at school although only a few know about that most think she actually is a girl. He is shy at first, kind and self-conscious. He care about what other people think about me. he stutters at times and I like to cross-dress. When the people get to know me, I usually open up a bit more, making awkward sentences/jokes all of sudden that sets the mood really awkward. He tends to blush and get warm and nervous in situations like those. However, he can easily be annoyed by people and an insult slips off my tongue now and then, but only against people that I don't like or people that I know.

Backstory: he is a transfer student that moved to Japan. His parents always wanted a girl, they were extremely dissapointed that you became a boy and so they threated you horribly and made you atleast pretend to be a girl. Due to psychological repression and a bad past he started to believe he is a girl and is now wearing a disguise to stay in denial.

Jake's character

Name: Rin Tsukino

Appearance: Jet Black hair with red highlights on the tips. Hair is medium length, where the tips reach her shoulders. About 5 foot and 7 inches tall. Her facial features are nothing special, but she is considered to be cute by a lot of males. Fair skin, but more on pale than dark.

Personality and Character traits: Rin is a very cold and reserved person. She cannot get along with anyone, meaning that she cannot handle a simple relationship between friends. This also includes her family (Which I will get into shortly). Because of this isolation, she spends most of her free time during school either at her desk listening to music or playing on portable games, or on the roof of the school looking out into the horizon. Because she has no friends in school, she is considered to be a "freak" by the general populous of the school and "extremely anti-social". However, she can be alluring and mysterious to people, which increases their curiosity about her. As she hates and cannot deal with people, she is incredibly rude to them. She can be very emotionless, only giving away when she gets angry at others.

She has no siblings and lives with her Father, who dosn;t care for her well being. However, even with her father ignoring her most of the time she has no trouble with money, as she has received inheritance from her Grandfather.

Description of events with MC: The MC first starts to notice Rin when he arrives in his new class. this is because of her oddly coloured hair which stands out to the rest of the class. During the first break of the day, he decides that he is too curious and tries to make a conversation with Rin. There was also the fact that while everyone was talking amongst their group of friends, Rin was alone and not talking to anyone. The MC attempts to start up a conversation with her. She looks at him digustingly when he talks to her, complimenting her hair. She spits out an insult to the MC and walks out of the room. The MC neighbour and friend walks up behind him and past him on the shoulder, explaining about Rin and that she isolates herself from other people.

Depending on the choices chosen by the player, the MC will get increasingly interested in Rin. He wants to know why Rin is so anti-social and why she decides to reserve herself. He wants to open her up to other people and get her a group of people that she can call friends. More plot points will be added later. This is only theory right now.

Backstory: Starting from a young age, rin has been viciously beaten almost daily by her abusive father. Her Mother was killed when her and Rin were out for the day. Rin;s Mother was beaten with blunt objects and left to die by a random attack by a gang of 3 people. Rin ran and hid away from the group of people, and came back to find her Mother in a pool of blood. Because of this overly traumatic experience, Rin;s father became a drunk and a drug addict, blaming Rin for the death of his wife. this led to the physical abuse that she suffers for most of her life.

Her only sort of escape was when she started to visit her Grandfather without her fathers consent. He was a kind man and told Rin many stories. Eventually, he died of old age when she entered middle school, which led Rin to be distraught. She gained an adequate sum of money from her grandfathers inherteince; which she hides from her father.

Throughout her life she has been severly bullied when attending school. This included being verbally abused by other kids and being physiaclly abused by other girls. This was predominantly in middle school however.

She has also had suicidal tendencies, resulting in a number of failed suicide attempts.

Because of all the abuse that she has received throughout her life, she has become chronically depressed and "mentally unstable". However, she doesn't hate other humans. She wants to not make any ties to others, because she believes that they will be taken away from her, or that they will betray her.

She has also repressed her violent tendencies, making her have sudden out spurts of violence towards inanimate objects. (I'm thinking of this becoming a plot point)

supporting cast

Leal's character

Name: Leal

appearance: 186cm Blond hair aquamarine eyes.

Personalities: Leal,a silent but dangerous person, mysterious. He is also a very popular boy in school because of his looks and talent. He is a very smart student, as well as being good at sports, and although very popular, he doesn't let it go to his head. On the contrary he seems to think the whole popularity-thing is rather troublesome (making him look even cooler). Most of the time, he has a nonchalant and indifferent attitude.

Type: is a perverted alien

Description:Leal is one of the best students in IDKLOL High, if not the best, excelling in most subjects and sports.
    He doesn't think twice about rejecting a girl's confession, something he seems to experience often, and MC is also unhappy about this as he views it as him "harassing" girls. He can also survive even after jumping from the school roof without protective gear. He excels in playing chess, the violin, cooking, formal table etiquettes as well as most sports, much to many people's surprise. He does not seem to do well with kids or animals. He is a quarter British and is able to speak English fluently.He's also the lead singer of the band Boys X kiss

Backstory: He lives in a very expensive condo, which has a sofa, pillow (but no bed), table, and a kitchen inside. He comes from a wealthy family and a very complicated life. He wears glasses at home and contacts at school. He does not have a very good relationship with his family. His mother, who was from England, passed away after giving birth to him. His mother originally had her own family, but she loved travelling to other countries even though she already had a child. So when she traveled to Japan, she fell in love with a very rich Japanese man and POOF! Leal is brought to this world. Embarrassed by Leal's mother's affair with his father, his English family concealed his existence and he was raised in secret as the adoptive son of his mother's cousin in Japan. At first he was homeschooled, because if he went to school his family background might be discovered. His family decided to raise him to a particular, unspecified age and then sever all connections with him and send him out to live on his own. Instead of risking allowing him to get a job, they sent him to high school, and he chose IDKLOL randomly from a book. He moved out to live alone in his condo.

Holeymoley's character

Name: Liam

Appearance: Red hair (orange basically), bulky but not obese, semi tall, very pale skin, usually wears rock band shirts

Personalities: Full of random knowledge, bipolar, doesn't pay attention alot, no one really notices him at the school.

Description: Liam is the next door neighbor of the MC, he quickly befriends him and they tour around the school, Liam looks after the main character but that quickly reverses when Liam falls off of the stage during the performance he is making at the festival with his band Boys X Kiss to which he is the guitarist. From then on Liam and the MC are extremely close and Liam even helps Leal assist the main character in his efforts to get laid.

Backstory: Liam has been the school reject for many years and has not got many friends until he meets MC

Sonda's character

Appearance: Brown hair, blue eyes, average appearance

Personalities: Likes to make people smile, tends to not talk that much, friends mean everything to him, can be a gigantic dick but is generally a pretty nice guy

Description: Sonda just seems to be a normal, everyday guy. He comes from a middle-class family, has 2 brothers and a sister, and some pets. He absolutely adores animals. He was pretty much only friends with Sunny until he met everyone else in the story.

Last edited by Tweetyftw on Sat May 26, 2012 12:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
    SunnyDay
    SunnyDay
    Admin

Character concept Empty Re: Character concept

Post  SunnyDay Sat May 26, 2012 1:05 am

First, we need to know how many characters will have routes. We don't want to over whelm ourselves here, so let's keep it at a maximum of 10.

Yes, we'll all get our own characters, but it'll be too much for everyone to have a route. So we'll have to discuss and vote.

Once we have this, we can start work on WHO will have the routes, what THEIR route's plot will be and other things.

So. How many will we have? Remember: no more than 10.
    Kanade
    Kanade
    Admin

Post  Kanade Sat May 26, 2012 1:19 am

Lets see these are atleast the people i know who have volunteered. Also i don't know how long it'll take to make a route for each character so it might become shorter than 10 if it takes to long.

So far we got:

Me
    Sunnyday
    Tylosaurus
    Leal
    Holey

I'm not sure about the others but i'd figure other like to join aswell.
    holeymoley
    holeymoley

Character concept Empty i dont mind not having a route

Post  holeymoley Sat May 26, 2012 1:22 am

i dont mind if i dont have a route, but i do feel like i should play a role in the story, like kenji from katawa shoujo apart from less crazy. what about if i was the guy the MC befriends at the start / help the MC out during a fight or some shit.

i honestly dont know
    Kanade
    Kanade
    Admin

Post  Kanade Sat May 26, 2012 1:25 am

thats actually quite a good idea since we need supporting characters aswell. Then you'll get a role as MC's bro sidekick.
    SunnyDay
    SunnyDay
    Admin

Post  SunnyDay Sat May 26, 2012 1:35 am

Why not? I think it would be an awesome idea. Like Tweety said: We'll need supporting characters!
    Jakeandhistoe
    Jakeandhistoe

Post  Jakeandhistoe Sat May 26, 2012 1:52 am

I honestly don't mind If I don't have a character in the VN. Working on it is enough satisfaction for me to be honest.
    Kanade
    Kanade
    Admin

Post  Kanade Sat May 26, 2012 1:56 am

Okay i added some basic details of how my character will be. Use it as an example to describe your character kinda.
    Tylosaurus
    Tylosaurus

Post  Tylosaurus Sat May 26, 2012 2:10 am

Hmm alright, I don't want to be selfish, but I kind of want a route since I bet there aren't many VN's with traps and that it adds a really nice twist to the story so that people have something to talk about.

My name should be Ashley, I'm from some other country (Since it's not very anime-like. Ashley is a male and female name so it fits me really well.) Maybe I'll be from England or something along those lines.

My character is shy at first, kind and self-conscious. I care about what other people think about me. I stutter at times and I like to cross-dress. When the people get to know me, I usually open up a bit more, making awkward sentences/jokes all of sudden that sets the mood really awkward. I tend to blush and get warm and nervous in situations like those. However, I can easily be annoyed by people and an insult slips off my tongue now and then, but only against people that I don't like or people that I know.

Ashley is rather perverted, but tries to not reveal the fact that she enjoys so many dirty things. He always makes people believe he's pure by first impression, but people who know him know that he definitely is not innocent at all. His interests are as mentioned before to cross-dress and he likes to play video games and watch anime. He doesn't really like parties and alcohol at all.

Backstory: Me and tweety agreed on something like my parents wanting a female, but instead got me, a male. They treated me as a girl instead and made me wear girls clothes from early ages so that I would think I was a girl. Then he moved to japan or wherever this takes place for some reason and started in the highschool. I'd like your opinions on this and suggestions! :3

Last edited by Tylosaurus on Sat May 26, 2012 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated a bit more)
    Usui
    Usui

Post  Usui Sat May 26, 2012 2:19 am

Name: Leal

appearance: 186cm Blond hair aquamarine eyes.

Personalities: Leal,a silent but dangerous person, mysterious. He is also a very popular boy in school because of his looks and talent. He is a very smart student, as well as being good at sports, and although very popular, he doesn't let it go to his head. On the contrary he seems to think the whole popularity-thing is rather troublesome (making him look even cooler). Most of the time, he has a nonchalant and indifferent attitude.

Type: is a perverted alien

Description:Leal is one of the best students in IDKLOL High, if not the best, excelling in most subjects and sports.
    He doesn't think twice about rejecting a girl's confession, something he seems to experience often, and MC is also unhappy about this as he views it as him "harassing" girls. He can also survive even after jumping from the school roof without protective gear. He excels in playing chess, the violin, cooking, formal table etiquettes as well as most sports, much to many people's surprise. He does not seem to do well with kids or animals. He is a quarter British and is able to speak English fluently.He's also the lead singer of the band Boys X kiss

Backstory: He lives in a very expensive condo, which has a sofa, pillow (but no bed), table, and a kitchen inside. He comes from a wealthy family and a very complicated life. He wears glasses at home and contacts at school. He does not have a very good relationship with his family. His mother, who was from England, passed away after giving birth to him. His mother originally had her own family, but she loved travelling to other countries even though she already had a child. So when she traveled to Japan, she fell in love with a very rich Japanese man and POOF! Leal is brought to this world. Embarrassed by Leal's mother's affair with his father, his English family concealed his existence and he was raised in secret as the adoptive son of his mother's cousin in Japan. At first he was homeschooled, because if he went to school his family background might be discovered. His family decided to raise him to a particular, unspecified age and then sever all connections with him and send him out to live on his own. Instead of risking allowing him to get a job, they sent him to high school, and he chose IDKLOL randomly from a book. He moved out to live alone in his condo.

Last edited by Usui on Sat May 26, 2012 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    holeymoley
    holeymoley

Character concept Empty My Character

Post  holeymoley Sat May 26, 2012 2:57 am

Name: Liam

Appearance: Red hair (orange basically), bulky but not obese, semi tall, very pale skin, usually wears rock band shirts

Personalities: Full of random knowledge, bipolar, doesn't pay attention alot, no one really notices him at the school.

Description: Liam is the next door neighbor of the MC, he quickly befriends him and they tour around the school, Liam looks after the main character but that quickly reverses when Liam falls off of the stage during the performance he is making at the festival with his band Boys X Kiss to which he is the guitarist. From then on Liam and the MC are extremely close and Liam even helps Leal assist the main character in his efforts to get laid.

Backstory: Liam has been the school reject for many years and has not got many friends until he meets MC
    Sonda
    Sonda

Post  Sonda Sat May 26, 2012 3:09 am

I'll be supporting cast, I guess.

Name: Sonda

Appearance: Character concept 9J3dI (I AM NOT GOOD AT ART ;___; )

Personalities: Likes to make people smile, tends to not talk that much, friends mean everything to him, can be a gigantic dick but is generally a pretty nice guy

Description: Sonda just seems to be a normal, everyday guy. He comes from a middle-class family, has 2 brothers and a sister, and some pets. He absolutely adores animals. He was pretty much only friends with Sunny until he met everyone else in the story.

Kanade
    Kanade
    Admin

Post  Kanade Sat May 26, 2012 3:24 am

Updated:

Ashley
    Leal
    Holey
    Sonda
    Cadaverbox
    Cadaverbox

Post  Cadaverbox Sat May 26, 2012 6:58 am

Why am I not a part of this? I'd sure as hell like to be. If needed, I'll develop my own character I guess.

Name: Cad
    Personality: Outgoing with friends, but generally introverted around new people. Witty and smart, but sometimes makes basic mistakes. Easily distracted.

Backstory: Due to a bad dealing with a hospital, he's been left paralyzed in his right leg (my left, your right). It was a very traumatic experience, however, he wants to put it aside so that he can function without calling attention to his leg as much as possible.

Description: At school, he tries to hide is more geekish aspects around the social apexes but with his friends, he tends to nerd out. Not popular, but not unpopular, i.e. nobody dislikes him but not everyone likes him. Not good at sports. Excels in art and computer-related subjects. Loves video games, comics, and computers. Basically, classic nerd. Comes from a middle to upper class home with a brother and two sisters. Constantly looking for an outlet for some practical joke. The most outgoing feature of him is that he uses a cane to get around. Good friends with Ashley and often the butt of his perverted jokes, and also friends with Sonda.

Appearance: Kind of short, dark black hair, hazel eyes that sometimes change color to green or brown. Always sports a cane, and when in public will have a tan colored brace on under his pants.
    Shitty drawing shitty but whatcha gonna do: Character concept Shitfh

Tell me if I'm missing anything. It doesn't matter what kind of character I am.
    Jakeandhistoe
    Jakeandhistoe

Post  Jakeandhistoe Sat May 26, 2012 7:17 am

I would like to submit a concept for a main character that I have been planning for the last 2 hours. This may seem incredibly dark to some people, but I feel that this is my favoured style of character development

Name: Rin Tsukino

Appearance:

Jet Black hair with red highlights on the tips. Hair is medium length, where the tips reach her shoulders. About 5 foot and 7 inches tall. Her facial features are nothing special, but she is considered to be cute by a lot of males. Fair skin, but more on pale than dark.

Personality and Character traits:

Rin is a very cold and reserved person. She cannot get along with anyone, meaning that she cannot handle a simple relationship between friends. This also includes her family (Which I will get into shortly). Because of this isolation, she spends most of her free time during school either at her desk listening to music or playing on portable games, or on the roof of the school looking out into the horizon. Because she has no friends in school, she is considered to be a "freak" by the general populous of the school and "extremely anti-social". However, she can be alluring and mysterious to people, which increases their curiosity about her. As she hates and cannot deal with people, she is incredibly rude to them. She can be very emotionless, only giving away when she gets angry at others.

She has no siblings and lives with her Father, who dosn;t care for her well being. However, even with her father ignoring her most of the time she has no trouble with money, as she has received inheritance from her Grandfather.

Description of events with MC:

The MC first starts to notice Rin when he arrives in his new class. this is because of her oddly coloured hair which stands out to the rest of the class. During the first break of the day, he decides that he is too curious and tries to make a conversation with Rin. There was also the fact that while everyone was talking amongst their group of friends, Rin was alone and not talking to anyone. The MC attempts to start up a conversation with her. She looks at him digustingly when he talks to her, complimenting her hair. She spits out an insult to the MC and walks out of the room. The MC neighbour and friend walks up behind him and past him on the shoulder, explaining about Rin and that she isolates herself from other people.

Depending on the choices chosen by the player, the MC will get increasingly interested in Rin. He wants to know why Rin is so anti-social and why she decides to reserve herself. He wants to open her up to other people and get her a group of people that she can call friends. More plot points will be added later. This is only theory right now.

Backstory:

Starting from a young age, rin has been viciously beaten almost daily by her abusive father. Her Mother was killed when her and Rin were out for the day. Rin;s Mother was beaten with blunt objects and left to die by a random attack by a gang of 3 people. Rin ran and hid away from the group of people, and came back to find her Mother in a pool of blood. Because of this overly traumatic experience, Rin;s father became a drunk and a drug addict, blaming Rin for the death of his wife. this led to the physical abuse that she suffers for most of her life.

Her only sort of escape was when she started to visit her Grandfather without her fathers consent. He was a kind man and told Rin many stories. Eventually, he died of old age when she entered middle school, which led Rin to be distraught. She gained an adequate sum of money from her grandfathers inherteince; which she hides from her father.

Throughout her life she has been severly bullied when attending school. This included being verbally abused by other kids and being physiaclly abused by other girls. This was predominantly in middle school however.

She has also had suicidal tendencies, resulting in a number of failed suicide attempts.

Because of all the abuse that she has received throughout her life, she has become chronically depressed and "mentally unstable". However, she doesn't hate other humans. She wants to not make any ties to others, because she believes that they will be taken away from her, or that they will betray her.

She has also repressed her violent tendencies, making her have sudden out spurts of violence towards inanimate objects. (I'm thinking of this becoming a plot point)

holeymoley
    holeymoley

Post  holeymoley Sat May 26, 2012 8:00 am

how would a teacher path sound? would that be a good idea?
    Kevinobody
    Kevinobody

Post  Kevinobody Sat May 26, 2012 8:57 am

SunnyDay wrote:First, we need to know how many characters will have routes. We don't want to over whelm ourselves here, so let's keep it at a maximum of 10.

Yes, we'll all get our own characters, but it'll be too much for everyone to have a route. So we'll have to discuss and vote.

Once we have this, we can start work on WHO will have the routes, what THEIR route's plot will be and other things.

So. How many will we have? Remember: no more than 10.

I think 10 is a little much. How about 5 or 7? Then we can focus more on expanding those routes.
    Kevinobody
    Kevinobody

Post  Kevinobody Sat May 26, 2012 9:48 am

Though i dont mind being a support character i like to show some character models.

Character concept Scaled.php?server=705&filename=45718834
    Jakeandhistoe
    Jakeandhistoe

Post  Jakeandhistoe Sat May 26, 2012 9:49 am

Kevinobody wrote:Though i dont mind being a support character i like to show some character models.

The male slightly reminds me of Accelerator from Index. They're pretty good though :B.
    Kanade
    Kanade
    Admin

Post  Kanade Sat May 26, 2012 9:54 am

Looks amazing Kevin especially the female character. Although its kinda hard to see which model is supposed to be which character.
    holeymoley
    holeymoley

Post  holeymoley Sat May 26, 2012 9:56 am

Kevinobody wrote:

The male looks like it could pass as leal if he had blonde hair. or me if it was red, and if he was fatter.
    Kevinobody
    Kevinobody

Post  Kevinobody Sat May 26, 2012 9:58 am

Tweetyftw wrote:Looks amazing Kevin especially the female character. Although its kinda hard to see which model is supposed to be which character.

Well these are just random models. I just wanted to see what you guys think so i can actually get started. Maybe these can be background characters. It all depends. But i need to know if you guys are all set with your ideas.
    holeymoley
    holeymoley

Post  holeymoley Sat May 26, 2012 10:01 am

mine is all good, apart from that he has blue eyes
    Kanade
    Kanade
    Admin

Post  Kanade Sat May 26, 2012 10:10 am

Well you certainly passed, the characters look kind off rough but its a sketch anc concept art so that kind off obvious.

If you could would you like to make a sketch of my character? i'm not sure if you take detailed suggestions but i'd like to see my character like this.

Brown hair like this: http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/52044/2060390-i_like_it_super.jpg

And kind of a pokerface like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/53/Rei_Ayanami.jpg

Or this: http://www.absoluteanime.com/melancholy_of_haruhi_suzumiya/yuki[4].jpg

Also i'll make a thread in the art section for character design and sketches for you to post the pictures there instead of here.
    Kevinobody
    Kevinobody

Post  Kevinobody Sat May 26, 2012 10:12 am

No problem. Ill do my best.

Also i wont be active over the next 2 day starting today. I will be gone, but ill try my best to work on some of the suggestions.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 10:41 pm