Slice of Life

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indie Company

4 posters

Chapter 1: Introduction to the school dialogue

Kanade
    Kanade
    Admin

Chapter 1: Introduction to the school dialogue Empty Chapter 1: Introduction to the school dialogue

Post  Kanade Sun May 27, 2012 3:52 am

Chapter 1 dialogue V2 with added scene's for Rin's introduction

"Hello, my name is MC. I just recently moved here so i'm a new guy here"
    "there's not really alot to talk over myself, i'm just a typical average guy"

'i'm not strong but not weak either, i'm not ugly but i wouldn't call myself handsome"

"i normally make a few friends and i'm pretty much invisible to girls, either way going to another school so sudden is quite a step"

"I've heard some weird things about this town, it tends to have people with weird personalities and seems to have a really disturbing culture, but i'll ju..."

Mysterious ginger: Well hows it going new guy

MC: Holy who the fuck are you?

*I get startled and suddenly see at the back of me a guy greeting me, he seems to be around my age, he has red hair, pale skin and kind of a relaxed attitude*

*I try to calm myself by breating a few times, i'm quite easily startled*

Mysterious ginger: I live here next door, so i'd decided to check out my new neighbour, my name is Liam by the way

*He stands in front of me with a confident smile, coming a bit closer towards me, he seems to be wearing his school uniform*

MC: Uhh...hi, i'm MC *Why is he smelling so strong like fish*

Liam: so who where you talking to?

MC: Oh uhm i was just practicing to introduce myself to the class

Liam: Aha man you're a weird dude, i like it

*He comes closer with an even bigger smile and gives a pat on the shoulder, then he proceeds to laugh, this is starting to make me quite uneasy*

Liam: You know you're quite lucky that you met me, i know the school from upside down, i'll help ya to survive the place. Just do what i say and everything will be al.....

*MC walks off*

Liam: Hey don't just ignore me!!!

*I turn around as he starts running after me with an annoyed looked down on his face, i'm way to tired to deal with this right now*

MC: Keep it short i want to sleep, got a huge jetlack from the trip.

Liam: Listen you're probably gonna be fine here, but i have to warn you about Bradd

*I look at Liam, his sudden talk kinda gets my interest, i look at him with a questioning look on my face*

MC: Who is Bradd?

Liam: Oh he's just a huge asshole, totally thinks hes a big shot. He's not very fond of new guys so i suggest avoiding him. He is rather short and is notable for his tan skin.

MC: *Oh shit my back is starting to hurt again, i get this burning feeling*

MC: AH....eh i'll have to go, nice to meet you *Runs at home*

"To be honest i was lying when i said i was an average guy, the reason i moved to this place has a darker story behind this. You see my old school was a rather violent place. It had very low education and the teachers where irresponsible so there was alot of gang fights and violence"

"Everything on my old school went fine, but then i became a target by a gang, they kept beating me up during lunch break, one time i was sick of it and attacked their leader, they didn't appreciate it, and that is where my whole life changed"

"They poured acid all over me leaving my back severely scarred for life, i need to take painkillers every day so i can't feel it burning, my parents where so traumatized by it that we moved...."

"But what difference does it make where i live, humans are nothing but pathetic scum and i'll never get rid of that scar. And my fucking parents now moved me to another school only to probably have it all over again with new bullies, i'm fucking sick of trying to make friends, i'm fucking sick of school, i'm fucking sick of my whole meaningless life"

* next day*

MC: ...ugh what time is it....Oh god i'm gonna be late for school

*I get out of bed, get dressed and run as fast as i can*

MC: Oh man i can't believe this, and this is even my first day.

*I proceed to run down a long street, i'm starting to get out of breath but i really don't want to get late, maybe i can make a shortcut to that alley*

MC: Things can't get worse than thi....

*bumps into a short guy and falls*

MC: Ow my head...

*I look up rubbing my head and suddenly see i bumped into a person*

*Its a rather short person with a tan skin and brown hair, he is wearing the same uniform as Liam so he most likely goes to the same school*

*I stand up as he looks very pissed off*

mysterious short guy: Hey what the fuck was that for punk!!!

MC: Oh i'm sorry i didn't look where i was going and i...

Mysterious short guy: Ya looking for fucking problems punk? Well ya chose the wrong person!

*He looks at me with very short tempered fire in his eyes, looking like he is prepared to attack me any minute*

MC: Hey wait i'm sor...

*The mysterious short guy knocks me down and continues to beat me up, i try to resist but hes extremely fast and strong,*

*i tried to hit him with my right fist but he dodged it, i'm completely unprepared for this*

*He tries to strike me as i dodge it and his hand slams onto the ground, giving me the chance to get up*

mysterious short guy: Oh no i'm not done with ya yet!!

*Suddenly i see Liam, he seems to be shouting to a rather tall figure, suddenly the tall person runs up to us and kicks the short guy off me, Liam proceeds to carry me to school while these two are distracted by eachother*

*10 minutes later*

*We are now standing in front of a pretty old, traditional looking school, because Liam knew a shortcut i even made it before the class began*

*the surroundings outside this school is very pretty and very green, the sun is shining making the grass look beautifull and alot of students are enjoying the sun outside*

*This looks like a very conforting place to be, we proceed to go inside the school*

Liam: Man that was a rough beating you had dude.

MC: Ugh who was that

*Liam looks at me with a rather unpleasant face*

Liam: That was Bradd the guy i told you about, man you didn't even reach school and already became his target. You're lucky Leal was close.

MC: Who is leal?

Liam: He is the one who saved you, Leal and Bradd have been rivals for a long time now but thats a long story.

*Liam proceeds to pick up his back and starts smiling again*

Liam: Anyway we still got a little bit time before class but i always tend to go earlier to catch up on my homework because its silence before everyone else is there. You wanna come?

*Hmm i kinda want to take the oppertunity to look around the school a bit, although this is a pretty fun kid to hang around some more with*

Interactive option:

*Go to class with Liam* This choice leads earlier to Rin's introduction and closer to her route

*Go explore the school a bit more* This choice leads earlier to Ashley's introduction and closer to her route

Player picks *Go to class with Liam choice* If you pick this choice you first go to the class dialogue and meet rin and then you go with the explore dialogue and meet with Ashley

MC: Alright i'm interested to see how class looks like

Liam: Okay dude follow me

*We now enter in my new class, seems like the classroom looks more old fashioned than the other place which seem to have had quite a makeover, its also rather big*

*Its very silent in here, only about three people are in the class now, but one is really catching my attention*

*I see a black haired girl sitting at the corner, it seems that she is playing on a handheld device, she looks rather cute, but she kinda has a depressing and shy face*

*Suddenly i hear the bell and everyone starts to sit, the teacher is asking me to introduce myself*

*I stand in front of my place, i'm starting to twitch everyone and i'm really nervous, looks like our class is filled with mostly boys, although there seem to be some rather interesting looking people to*

MC: M-my name is MC, i just recently moved here in town with my parents

MC: I like to sport and play games, i'm also fairly interested in biology.....

*Dammit i don't know what else to say, why am i so bad at this*

*The class starts to greet me and the teacher shows me my seat, we continue the class*

*few hours later*

*Its time for lunch break and we are waiting for the bell while everyone is talking to eachother*

*however i notice that amongs different groups of people talking, that mysterious girl seems to be talking nobody and instead has cornered herself in her desk playing her game*

*I walk towards her trying to start a conversation with her*

MC: Hey how is it going

Mysterious girl: ...

MC: Uhm, hello?

Mysterous girl: What do you want?

*She looks at me with a rather irritated and cynical face, it makes me uncomfortable*

MC: I-i just thought i'd talk to you, i really like your hair

*The mysterious girl suddenly stands up with a very frustrated face*

Mysterious girl: What the hell is your problem, you don't just start to talk about my appearance fucking freak, just leave me alone!

*The mysterious girl walks out of anger out of the classroom, tho nobody really noticed*

*suddenly Liam taps me on the shoulder*

Liam: Oh man, from all girls you'd try to flirt with its Rin? If you want to start a relation she'd be the last to ask

MC: Jeez what is her problem?

Liam: Nobody really knows, she tends to isolate herself from others for no reason and start to insult everyone trying to talk to her

Liam: She is always seen playing games or listening music by herself and she tends to dislike it when people approach her

Liam: Ah man just give it a rest there are enough more hotter girls around

Last edited by Tweetyftw on Sun May 27, 2012 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    Usui
    Usui

Chapter 1: Introduction to the school dialogue Empty Re: Chapter 1: Introduction to the school dialogue

Post  Usui Sun May 27, 2012 3:59 am

Not bad.
    I like it.
    Jakeandhistoe
    Jakeandhistoe

Chapter 1: Introduction to the school dialogue Empty Re: Chapter 1: Introduction to the school dialogue

Post  Jakeandhistoe Sun May 27, 2012 5:30 am

Not bad. Will it be alright if I post my own interpretation of this scene here when I finish it?
    Kanade
    Kanade
    Admin

Post  Kanade Sun May 27, 2012 5:41 am

ofcourse these are just prototypes. Feel free to make your own version and we could mix it up and improve on it even more.
    Kanade
    Kanade
    Admin

Post  Kanade Sun May 27, 2012 11:07 am

Updated, added more detail with the dialogue's and added the scene when you chose to go to class with Liam introducing Rin.

Every space between the text means that the text goes further in the next bar.
    Jakeandhistoe
    Jakeandhistoe

Post  Jakeandhistoe Sun May 27, 2012 11:19 am

This is my version of the intro to the school dialogue. It would be awesome if you all gave me feedback on it.

-Scene is on a plane in the midst of flight.

"Announcer" : We will be landing in -Insert town name here- in around 10 minutes. Please be ready for landing.

MC: Well, this is it, I guess.
    -Screen fades into black again, cue for MC monologue

"My name is -Insert MC name here-. I'm currently on the move to another area of
    Japan. I'm not sure why my parents chose to send me to this specific prefecture, but I didn't have a choice in the matter, But I heard that the place itself was alright.

About myself? There isn't really much to say really... I guess you can classify as an average run of the mill kind of guy. I don't really have any specific qualities or talents worth mentioning. I had alright grades back in my old school. I can hold my own in a fight but I wouldn't say I'm overly strong compared to some other guys. I've been told I was alright looking a couple of times though. I'm not sure if I should say this, but I've never had a serious relationship either. I wonder if that'll change with the this move...

Announcer: "We are destined to arrive in -insert town name here- in 2 minutes, Please be ready to leave the plane when it lands.

-Scene changes to front of MC new home. Outgoing monologue of the MC talking to himself-

"So... this is my new house huh?

Although I didn't expect it to be a western house. Why did my parents decide to move me here?

"Well, I guess I'll have to get used to living on my own. Since those two so called parents are still working in my old city."

"this is pretty surreal..."

I knew that there would be some sort of collection of Western style and Japanese style of houses here, but it still feels completely different from where I used to live..

It isn't just the house either, it's the fact that I'm moving to a whole new prefecture. I wouldn't think there would be a complete culture change, but it does seem pretty different.

I really got to stop comparing this place to my old one...

I walk up to the front entrance, gulping in the fresh air.

"Oh that's right... I'm also transferring into a new school too...

I completely forgot about it. My mind was so set on my new surroundings that I forgot that I would have to deal with a whole new school and student body.

"Really though, going to a new school this soon is really dampening my spirits. I would have liked to at least have the chance to look around the town before going there.."

I start the new school tomorrow, of all times. It seems sudden, but I didn't really have much choice in the matter really.

I wipe my face with both of my hands, dreading the thought of having to stand up in front of my new class and having to introduce myself.

"I guess I might as well try and practice my opening lines, since no one seems to be about."

"Ahem.. My name is -insert MC name here- and I'm a new transfer student from -insert old town here- I hope to get to know you all during my time here".

"no, no, no... that was horrible. I would want to set a better impression of myself at least. Sound a little more upbeat and enthusiastic. Maybe I should...

"Hey, how's it going?!"

I froze on the spot as soon as I heard that voice. To think that someone were listening in on that awful introduction. Alright, stay calm and greet him back, at least.

"Ahh.. Who are you?"

Ok, that wasn't exactly smooth but it'll do, I guess.

My first impression of this guy is his hair. It's bright orange! Or is it a shade of red? Wait what am I doing trying to interpret this random guy's hair colour?!

"I live next door, so I came out to see what was all that talking about. I could hear it from my gate, so I decided to see what was going on."

He must have heard my shitty introduction...

"I didn't really hear what the topic was though..."

Oh good, he didn't hear all of it..

"Oh, I was just practicing my introduction for my new class, and sort of talking to myself..."

Why the fuck did I confess this to a guy I don't even know!

"Really?! What school are you transferring too?! For all we know, we could end up in the same class!?

What's up with this guy?! We haven't even shared 5 sentences and he's already jumping around acting excited like a little kid. Also, how the hell did he deduce that I'm transferring here?!

"I'm attending -insert school name here- 2nd year.

-insert school name here- High school is apparently the local high school in this town, so it probably wouldn't be a surprise if this guy...

"I go to that high school" Wow, that's pretty awesome, and we're in the same year too! Wouldn't it be amazing if we were both in the same class!?

Just being with this guy drains my energy, and I'm not even a person who has low energy! Also, what's with this over friendly attitude?

"you're pretty lucky to be living next to me, buddy. I know the school from top to bottom. I'll help you survive in you're new high school experience!"

And now this Guy's gloating! I seriously cant keep up with him...

"I'm sorry, but I've got to go. I just got here and I'm feeling a bit fatigued from my plane ride here."

This should get him to leave me alone. I don't have anything against this guy mind you. I just want to be left alone to recuperate a bit. this guys energy level doesn't seem to help either...

"Ah, that's cool. My name is Liam by the way!"

Liam puts his hand out to shake hands. His smile seems bright enough to blind someone....

"-Insert name here-"

I returned his gesture.

"You're going to be fine here, but there is someone at the school that I should warn you about"

That line definitely caught my attention. Already someone that deserves a warning, huh? Well there goes my hopes of having a quiet school life.

"his name is Bradd. He's a huge asshole who thinks he's some kind of big shot or something. He probably as some sort of complex, either being a superiority one or a height one, seeing as though his most notable feature is his height. He has a habit on picking on new guys, so I suggest you don't go near him. You'll know him when you see him though. Tanned and short with a boisterous and aggressive attitude.

Figures that he would go for the new guys....

"Alright, I'll be careful around him. I can hold my own in a fight so I should be fine."

"Hahaha!!! I like you man, you got some guts right there!"

"!!!"

His hand goes for my shoulder, but before I know it, I suddenly grab onto it on instinct, maybe panic? I Don't know. However, I do know that I'm holding onto a guy's who I just met hand in mid-air.

"Oh, uh... sorry about that. You were going to put you're hand on my shoulder a bit suddenly, so I reacted...."

"Hahahaha!!! You're a weird one alright! I think I like you even more now!! I think we can become great friends."

He gives me one of those trademark smiles that he's showed me quite alot already.

"Ah yeah, I'll be going now.

I ran back into the safety of my new home.

"Alright!! I'll see you around school tomorrow!!" - Shouting

-Screen goes black

MC monologue

To be completely honest with you all, I sort of lied when I said I was just your average run of the mill kind of guy. There is a reason why I moved to this new area to begin with

You see, my old school was fucked up, to put it simply. Let's put it this way. It was extremely violent with a very low grade rate. Due to all of this, it was home to alot of inter-school gangs. Oh. don't get me wrong. I wasn't a part of that crap. I was one of those few students that actually gave a crap about their education this sounds like it was ripped right out of a manga, but it was all too real.

I was just so sick of being teased and verbally abused that I just snapped one day. I suddenly attacked a random guy in the school corridor. unluckily for me, he was apparently the leader of one of the gangs.

I knew that he was going to want payback, but I never expected him to do it the way he did...

Basically, we were in Chemistry class. One of the assholes who was an underling for the leader I beat up decided it would be hilarious to pour high Ph corrosive acid down my shirt. I was them immediately rushed to hospital to be treated for chemical burns.

So now I'm physically scarred for life. I have massive ugly burn marks down my shoulders and back. I need to regularly take painkillers to stop the sudden burning sensations I get. I have to wrap my abdomen in a sort of bandage so It doesn't rub against the fabric of my clothes. My Lovingly parents decided to move me out to a different area to get away from the gangs. I use that sarcastically. What It seems to me is that I've been thrown out to live away from my parents after my discharge, so they don't have to deal with my injuries, allowing them to live their lives and work their jobs with no hindrance. That just pisses me off...

The move, in the long run, probably wouldn't help at all. I know I'll sound like a sentimental old bastard by saying this, but I don't see my current situation getting any better. I'm going to have this large scarring of my back for the rest of my life anyway, and with the inclusion of living alone and this Bradd character, there are bound to be new guys like that at my new school. Well, I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

-Screen fades into the next day.
    Kanade
    Kanade
    Admin

Post  Kanade Sun May 27, 2012 11:24 am

I think that you and me make a great dialogue team Jake. We can combine my easy to read talking style when the protagonist is talking to someone and combine your detail in when he is thinking.
    Jakeandhistoe
    Jakeandhistoe

Post  Jakeandhistoe Sun May 27, 2012 11:35 am

Tweetyftw wrote:I think that you and me make a great dialogue team Jake. We can combine my easy to read talking style when the protagonist is talking to someone and combine your detail in when he is thinking.

That sounds fine to me.

I kind of had to change some parts though, as the MC was originally moving from another country. But I found it alot easier to use the "Moving from within Japan" alot easier when typing.
    holeymoley
    holeymoley

Post  holeymoley Mon May 28, 2012 2:32 am

Me and Leal acted out a scene, this is when MC hears the two talking through a door and decides to listen in.

Liam: Hey, thanks for taking care of Bradd earlier, I don't think MC was ready for that.

Leal: Mhmm? No problem.

Liam: Huh.. as expected of you it seems

Leal: Sure whatever.

Liam: So what do you think of him?

Leal: New guy? Lame.

Liam: Leal you need to stop being so mean to these guys, i know you're like the most popular guy in school but others arent as fortunate, like when you first met me remember?

Leal: No but whatever.

*MC MUMBLES SOMETHING*

Liam: Did you hear something?

Leal: Yeah,I'll go check it out...

At this point there is a choice to run or confront Leal

Obviously this is far from final, if one of you two could give it a touchup it would be much appreciated.
    Jakeandhistoe
    Jakeandhistoe

Post  Jakeandhistoe Tue May 29, 2012 4:02 am

holeymoley wrote:Me and Leal acted out a scene, this is when MC hears the two talking through a door and decides to listen in.

Liam: Hey, thanks for taking care of Bradd earlier, I don't think MC was ready for that.

Leal: Mhmm? No problem.

Liam: Huh.. as expected of you it seems

Leal: Sure whatever.

Liam: So what do you think of him?

Leal: New guy? Lame.

Liam: Leal you need to stop being so mean to these guys, i know you're like the most popular guy in school but others arent as fortunate, like when you first met me remember?

Leal: No but whatever.

*MC MUMBLES SOMETHING*

Liam: Did you hear something?

Leal: Yeah,I'll go check it out...

At this point there is a choice to run or confront Leal

Obviously this is far from final, if one of you two could give it a touchup it would be much appreciated.

I can sound this out for you if you want. I need some more practice in writing dialogue anyway.
    holeymoley
    holeymoley

Post  holeymoley Tue May 29, 2012 4:05 am

Jakeandhistoe wrote:
    I can sound this out for you if you want. I need some more practice in writing dialogue anyway.

go for it hahaha, plus for when it says MC mumbles something can you do it like hes thinking how much of a douche leal is and then he accidentally says "fuck you leal" and then he thinks "did i just say that ou- aww shit"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 11:31 pm